Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Living the Dream

So we have snow here in the Southeast of the US, and not the usual "zomg find the camera before it's gone" type we normally get. The streets are covered (as is my car) with snow and ice and people who can work from home are doing so. The occasional family decides they must go somewhere and so they bundle up and spend a half hour digging their car out as a family project. It probably would go faster, but nobody here owns silly things like snow shovels and ice scrapers. It's fun to watch a group of four work on a car with a push broom, a board, and a dust pan.

Inside I'm warm and snug, I have booze and chips and salsa and beans and toilet paper (I buy the 36 packs of the double rolls, so BRING IT, INTESTINES!). All the utilities work, and I finally have an acceptable excuse to work from home. As a result, I've put in more hours, resolved more issues, AND I feel better and have enough leftover energy to do things such as clean my apartment. This will all go away next week when the snow finally melts, but I'm loving it for the time being. I would be a totally awesome shut-in, happy and productive.

8 comments:

Maundering mutterer said...

You're always awesome. Totally.

Anonymous said...

Aw- I agree with M.M.- you are always awesome. (Just took me awhile to realize it.)
I didn't know you could see me from your apartment- me with my broom, board and dust pan.

Avitable said...

You almost sound . . . optimistic. Who the fuck are you?

Pearl said...

Isn't it cozy? Would like a picture of your salsa/chips/beer table, please.

Pearl

Captain Dumbass said...

You just need a Snuggie and you're set.

Jay said...

You should move to upstate NY so you could be snowed in from Halloween until Easter.

Unknown said...

There's snow way that's true!

unmitigated me said...

A Snuggie and a Bunny.