Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

In 2010, I vow to:

1) cancel my cable and switch to DSL in order to save about $60/month. Okay, I did that during lunch. (That's right - I got's the Internet at home again, bitches - w00t!)

2) replace my dying computer with a new one by my birthday, which is May 15 (hint hint).

3) either replace my old car or save at least $10,000 by the end of next year, despite the added challenge of my employer canceling all paid time off (that's right - no vacation, sick leave, or holidays).

4) shart less.

Oh, wait. I just remembered that when I was in junior high, I vowed never to make a new year's resolution, and I've stuck to it all these years. Forget all that.

5 comments:

Mighty Hunter said...

I wish you well, Grant. Totally pulling for you.

Unknown said...

I can send you a good mother board, but no case as a start on the new computer, will that help?
What about your wish for a bunny girlfriend did that die or get accomplished?

Grant said...

Mighty Hunter - I was serious about having no resolutions. How can one improve upon perfection?

Whitemist - I actually bought a refurbished machine from work, so I have a complete working backup. Thanks. But do send a spare bunny if you have one.

Robin said...

I want to cancel either cable or internet but i don't know how we'd do it but i think we'll have to decide. problem is if we cancel cable we can't watch tv together.

Grant said...

Robin - my DSL connection is faster, so I can still watch stuff via Hulu / iTunes / NetFlix on my TV.