Thursday, January 20, 2005

Writing News

Earlier this week, I took stock of matters and decided that I suck the great donkey schlong of Satan when it comes to establishing and (here’s the tricky part) sticking to writing goals. I originally wanted to write 25,000 words by the end of January, which would have been doable if life were more predictable. Anyway, thanks to things like hospitals, melancholy, and oregano, there is no way I will complete 25k in the next couple of weeks. I’m setting a new goal of 10,000 words by the end of the month, starting tonight and not counting what I’ve already written. If I succeed, I will reward myself by patronizing Pappadeaux’s and trying the fried alligator. If that turns out to be nasty, I will reward myself and Satan Sue with the gift of music (probably more Iron Maiden). If I fail, I will set myself on fire. Having properly motivated myself, I now bring you to:

Words written: 1,300. Remaining in January: 8,700.

Mmm…gator, out

No comments: