Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Support Our Troops

By doing more than saying “I support our troops.” Books-A-Million has a Books for Troops program that, while not tax-deductible, should still impart some warm fuzzies. I know from my time over there that books are a great gift. Many soldiers who didn’t read before started out of desperation and mind-numbing boredom. Hey, whatever works.

If you’re one of those jerks who takes out their displeasure by attacking the employees instead of the decision makers, Books for Troops is ideal for you. Now you can let the troops know you disapprove of their presence in Iraq by flooding them with religious materials. If you’re not sure what kind of jerk you are, ask yourself this: The last time I bought a defective product from a department store, did I a) contact the manufacturer and ask for a replacement, b) return the item to the store for a refund, c) go back to the store, grab the nearest pimple-pocked new hire and give him hell about the product he didn’t build, market, or sell? If the answer is c, I hope you die.
Wheee!
Patriotic, out

No comments: