Thursday, September 30, 2004

Presidential Debates

Tonight starts the beginning of Presidential Debate season (three debates plus another between the veeps) culminating in election day, November 2nd (also known as No Beer Until Polls Close Day). Naturally, the cowards neglected to include Dave Barry, but they won't stop me.

There was a lot of pre-debate debate over what kind of format the debates would follow. I repeatedly mailed in my suggestion for a no-holds-barred steel cage death match between candidates with the veeps as tag team partners/managers, but the so-called debate committee didn't respond. However, they are sending a couple of nice federal marshals to watch the debates with me, with instructions to "make sure he doesn't get anywhere near the candidates." I guess I should stock up on popcorn and Mountain Dew.

On a side note, I've heard a lot of people complain over the years that Ralph Nader and H. Ross Perot screwed up a few elections by drawing votes away from their candidate. I don't think a candidate losing an election because people voted for somebody else is a glitch in the system; I believe that is the system.
Debates!  Woot!
Patriotic, out

1 comment:

Sarcasmo said...

I don't think a candidate losing an election because people voted for somebody else is a glitch in the system; I believe that is the system.Amen, brother.