Thursday, November 25, 2010

Obligatory Giving Thanks Post

I am thankful for drug bunnies, whiskey, the new waitress at the yakitori restaurant (I nicknamed her Velma), Satan, and (in case I've neglected to mention them) Asian women, especially J-bunnies.

And this meme courtesy of (who else) Avitable. This hoary meme asks that you put your iTunes on shuffle and post the song titles as answers to the questions. I excluded tracks that were soundtracks or J-lessons. When others do this they claim the results are eerily prophetic. That didn't happen for me, especially for the question about lust that was answered by a band with the word "butthole" in their name.

Q: How does the world see me?
A: Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight (Spinal Tap)

Q: Will I have a happy life?
A: Never the Machine Forever (Soundgarden)

Q: What do my friends really think of me?
A: Thorn Within (Metallica)

Q: Do people secretly lust after me?
A: Lonesome Bulldog 3 (Butthole Surfers)

Q: How can I make myself happy?
A: Blow Up the Outside World (Soundgarden)

Q: What should I do with my life?
A: Briefcase Full of Guts (Dethklok)

Q: Will I ever have children?
A: Lady Evil (Black Sabbath)

Q: What is some good advice for me?
A: Perversion (Rob Zombie)

Q: How will I be remembered?
A: Crying (Roy Orbison)

Q: What do I think my current theme song is?
A: Spirit in Black (Slayer)

Q: What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
A: New Faith (Slayer)

Q: What song will play at my funeral?
A: Skeleton Christ (Slayer)

Q: What type of men/women do I like?
A: New Damage (Soundgarden) / Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Metallica)

8 comments:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

I'm thankful for you. No, seriously! I am. I'm also thankful for Nutella. So, take that any way you want.

Captain Dumbass said...

My Thanksgiving is in October so I'm not thankful to be at work today. On the other hand, I'm thankful I have a job. I'm also thankful for bloggers who post J-bunnies.

Unknown said...

Your playlist knows you too well mein freund (why does everything sound spookier in German).

tiff said...

I think the meme is astoundingly eerily prophetic. Reading between the lines takes some practice, but once you throw out all the nonsense it's like staring at your destiny.

Fernweher said...

Excellent post- I have been loving that Nerd Chick Image for ages; because its very true, nerd chicks that I've met can be very self confident and hence great in bed. Also, I am going to play that song shuffle game later tonight because I would love to see the results. 3. Japanese food, YUM!

Grant said...

Coal Miner's Granddaughter - you consider me comparable to nutella? Cool.

Captain Dumbass - Thanksgiving in October is just un-American because it cuts into Halloween's action.

SJ - I've heard Darth Vader in German is awesome.

tiff - my destiny is to have a briefcase full of guts? Cool.

Fernweher - so you understand how nerdy Japanese chicks serving me Japanese food is like the awesomest thing ever.

Avitable said...

That is eerie. And lonesome bulldog indeed.

Maundering mutterer said...

Hey! Love the playlist! Try Beatallica where you'll get marvelous titles like 'The thing that should not let it be'.