Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Rollercoaster Ride

My life has had it's share of ups and downs lately.
Up: the new job has me working with fun and intelligent people...
Down: and also includes help desk responsibilities in addition to programming. I knew it would, but they're talking about issuing me a headset now. Bleah!
Up: my pay raise goes into effect on Monday...
Down: which I will need to pay for my new addiction, buying music for...
Up: Satan Sue, who has made exercising, if not fun, at least bearable.
Down: my mother is feeling bad again, and may need more surgery. I hate waiting for the test results. The doctors are apparently using pack snails to ship the blood samples.
Up: I've written more than 75,000 words on my novel Blank Slate. If I can manage 600 words/day, I can meet my goal of 100,000 words by year end. Even with a few days off, this seems immanently doable.
Overall: life is good. Most of the downs are at least a welcome change.

No comments: