- When creating your blogger profile, do not click on Share My Profile unless you want the world to be able to view your personal information.
- Do not show your e-mail address or IM Username(s) unless you want people to contact you.
- Do not list your interests unless you want people with similar interests to find and contact you.
- For your blog, do not add the blog to Google's listings unless you want it to appear on your public profile and other searches.
- Do not enable comments if you don't want them. Note - Google includes settings for no comments, comments from only from blog team members, and comments from registered users as well as comments from anyone, so you have a choice as to the level of feedback you want to receive.
Hopefully this helps, although I don't know why anyone would post their thoughts in a public forum if they didn't want the public to see them. It's like joining a book of the month club, then freaking out when (OMFG!) SOMEBODY ACTUALLY SENDS YOU A BOOK! Oh, the humanity!