Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Noise in my Head

I'm happy to report that I'm now over The Llama Song. So, what bit of music is now repeating in my brain, driving my insanity? Glad you asked. It's a heavy metal refrain, complete with crunching guitars and pounding double-bass drums. The music thrashes out a single note accompanied by the lyrics "kick 'em in the face." Slight pause. Repeat forever.

It's gotten to the point where I be-bop around my apartment, cleaning, cooking, whatever, nodding my head to the music and mumbling "kick 'em in the face. Kick 'em in the face." Actually, I don't know if the singer is shouting "kick them in the face" or "kick him in the face." It sounds like a poor attempt to simulate Cherokee (kickum in the face).

The funny thing is, for the first time, the music in my head wasn't provided by someone else. I don't think I've heard a song with "kick 'em in the face" in the lyrics. If anyone has heard of such a song, please leave a comment.

Kick 'em in the face, out

No comments: