Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Blog Explosion

I heard about a neat new FREE service called Blog Explosion that is supposed to exponentially increase the number of hits on your blog. I thought I'd sign up, use it for a week, then post my recommendation. Unfortunately, I was halted at step one when I received the following e-mail:

Subject: Blog Explosion - Blog denied for questionable content
Sorry your blog has been denied at BlogExplosion as we have deemed the content on your blog as content that is not appropriate for other members.

I'm not surprised (my life's theme seems to be Leper Outcast Unclean), but I am saddened to see that kind of censorship in the blogging world. As evil, insane, totally metal bloggers go, I think I'm pretty innocuous. Besides, something I love about blogging is that it's one of the few remaining communities that allows thoughts and opinions from all walks of life. As this is not the case with Blog Explosion, allow me to paraphrase George Carlin in my assessment of their service.

WARNING: children and fragile self-righteous adults should not read the following paragraph as I intend it to be vile and profane. Okay, now that I've ensured children and fragile self-righteous adults will continue to read...

Fuck Blog Explosion! Fuck them in their stupid asses! Fuck them with a giant rubber dildo, then break it of inside them and beat them over the head with the rest of it! Thank you.

Maybe I should appeal their decision. I'm sure they'd want me as part of their community now :p

Anyhoo, if you're looking for a free way to draw more attention to your blog, and you feel that your existence on the web is safe and normal enough to please their censors, feel free to check out Blog Nazis...oops, I meant Blog Explosion, and let me know how it goes.

Fight the power, out

2 comments:

Snaggletooth said...

I just applied for this and now I'm anxiously awaiting my rejection email. Maybe I should have used the word "GROUPIE!!!" more?

Snaggletooth said...

Well I'm in!! haha. What the hell is this supposed to do for me anyways???

PS the new grape Mountain Dew is available at all dunkin donuts here - go figure.