Sunday, October 10, 2004

Bleah

Shaun of the Dead will have to wait a couple of more days. I'm feeling kind of puny today, and am spending most of the day in bed with a good book - "Crocodile on the Sandbank." Any energy I can spare will be going toward preparing my apartment for tomorrow's invasion.

The apartment people left a letter wedged into the door jamb stating that they would be sending a bug dude out on Monday for preventative pest control. We have been instructed to remove everything from the kitchen and bathroom cabinets and pantry and to store it in the dining area, covered by a sheet. The memo also includes tips for keeping your apartment clean. That, plus the fact that they just issued the note Friday afternoon makes me think they discovered an infestation in one of the recently vacated apartments and are scrambling to contain the mess before it becomes a larger issue. Whatever.

In years past, I probably would have resented the intrusion, but now I think it's nice that I don't have to worry about such things. Anyway, my place is clean and bug free. I've seen a grand total of five gnats and one larger, unidentified bug since I moved in last year. Every time I see a hint of a bug, I hose the place down with Raid.

Bug, out

No comments: