Friday, September 10, 2004

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!

My promotion to Database Administrator, which was supposed to take place next Monday, has been postponed for two weeks. The auditors are planning another two-week tour through our area, and management is afraid of making any changes to the organization until they are finished with their interrogations. To make matters worse, by boss called me to his office to deliver the bad news while I was in the middle of winning a game of Battleship. Naturally, my pay increase is being shoved back a couple of weeks as well.

In other management news, some of my other bosses are in hiding until I solve a payment problem for them. Normally I would make them do their own work, but since I'm still supposedly getting a promotion, I guess I should be the super-employee I once was before I realized how little hard work and dedication does for one's career.

Crap, out

No comments: