Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Can't sleep...clown will eat me.

Actually, it's the clown's night off. I'm just having another bout of insomnia, which is business as usual for me. I don't understand why I can't sleep at night. I sleep fine all day long. (kidding)

Thinking back, this is two years after the worst bout I ever had, lasting exactly thirty days. I don't mean I didn't sleep at all for a month, but most days I slept a maximum of two hours in no more than fifteen minute intervals. I think I heard it put best in Fight Club: "When you have insomnia, you're never really asleep and you're never really awake." I remember spending the entire night crawling around my bed, trying to get comfortable in any available position. At one point I was curled in the fetal position at the foot of the bed watching miniature soldiers gather and battle around the terrain (comprised of rumpled sheets and my pillows) near the headboard. As I watched the glowing scores floating above the combatants heads, I kept trying to remember which side I was on. Then the sun rose and I went to work. Nobody noticed anything different. The waking dreams would have been really cool if I hadn't been too exhausted to enjoy them.

I guess I'll go read another chapter of Steven King's Wolves of the Calla. It's good bedtime material.

No comments: