Thursday, July 22, 2004

In Dreams...

Update on the music - I no longer hear the end of "Ain't We Got Fun" repeating in my head when I awaken.  Now I hear the musical number from John Carpenter's Escape From New York.  It's from the scene where Snake enters a dilapidated theatre and finds a bunch of convicts (all men) in drag singing an Ethel Mermon song (I think) in off-key baritone voices.  It's an improvement.

This morning I woke up and began the day as always - wishing I didn't have to get up, then getting up and packing my lunch pail.  For some reason I noticed I had loaded the refrigerator with cans of Dr. Pepper the night before instead of my usual mix.  I wondered why I did that, then I woke up.  I realized I had been dreaming about starting the day, so then I actually did start the day.  When I got to the refrigerator I saw that I had actually put several cans of Pepsi inside to cool.  Then I woke up.  The next time around I found that I had loaded the refrigerator with a mixture, although they were all Coke products.  Then I woke up.  What's really bizarre about all this is that my favorite is Mountain Dew.

Stephen King was right when he said "Hell is repetition."

No comments: